Glastonbury Dental Patient Information
New Dental Patients
What to expect at your first appointment
The first appointment begins with a consultation with Dr. Egan or Fernandez to discuss your medical and dental history, your expectations of our services as well as our philosophy of practice.
Thereafter, a thorough examination of your mouth takes place, including head and neck cancer screening, temporomandibular joint examination, detailed examination of the teeth, soft tissue, supporting structures, alignment, bite and more.
A complete set of x-rays are taken and models of your mouth are made, if necessary.
Based upon your periodontal health, your will be given a subsequent appointment of appropriate length for your teeth to be cleaned by our licensed dental hygienist. She will expose you to the latest theories and techniques for controlling many dental diseases.
- All of the information gathered is compiled and evaluated, and a plan is drawn up not only for immediate needs but for long term objectives also
- All options with cost estimates are discussed. We believe in firm mutual understanding as a basis for successful treatment
Patient Comfort & Protection
We strive to make our office a warm and comfortable place for you, from our outstanding local anesthesia to our excellent communication to our fantastic background music!
Infection control is our top priority and exceeds Occupational, Safety and Hazard Administration (OSHA) regulations. At every visit, you receive the following protections:
- Autoclave sterilization
- Barriers such as gloves, masks, protective eyewear, surgical gowns and rubber dam intra-oral isolation techniques
- Bi-weekly spore testing to guarantee optimum performance of the sterilizer and maintain the highest level of sterility
- Sterilization of all dental instruments after each patient
- Surface-disinfection of all treatment rooms after each patient
Dental Patient Forms
Being well prepared for your dental appointment helps us provide the best possible care for you. Print and fill out all new patient forms and bring them to your first appointment. Also, we encourage you to bring a list of prepared questions beforehand so we can address any concerns you have about your dental and oral health.
Contact the Dental Doctors of Somerset today if you have any questions about the new patient forms or what our dental office in Glastonbury can do for you!
Committed to Excellence
- Focused On Educating Our Clients
- Open Early & Late For Your Convenience
- Providing You With Personalized, Gentle Care
- A Spa Like Experience That Will Make You Smile