Glastonbury Invisalign Treatment
An Alternative to Traditional Braces
Crooked teeth are more than just embarrassing. They can lead to serious oral health complications, self-esteem issues, and even jaw discomfort. But the most common orthodontic treatment to fix crooked teeth is a mouth full of conspicuous metal wires, which is almost as embarrassing as the condition itself. Thankfully, Invisalign is an entirely different kind of orthodontic treatment. Invisalign is comfortable and discreet, involving a series of clear plastic dental aligners that shift the teeth gradually. If you are interested in getting clear braces to help straighten out your misaligned teeth, consider setting up an Invisalign appointment at Dental Doctors of Somerset. We’re happy to provide our Glastonbury patients with quick, painless and discreet orthodontic services.
Benefits of Invisalign
In addition to giving you the straight teeth you desire, Invisalign braces are:
- Nearly invisible
- Custom-made and flexible for optimum comfort
- Removable for convenient eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing
- Convenient – just switch out the aligners!
- Fast – average treatment time is about one year
Who is a candidate for Invisalign?
You may be a good candidate for Invisalign if:
- You want to fix mild/moderate crowding, spacing, and alignment issues
- You want to straighten crooked teeth
- You are an older teenager or adult
- You are committed to wearing the clear aligners for at least 22 hours/day
How Invisalign Works
Unlike traditional metal braces, the invisible Invisalign procedure uses a series of custom-made, removable trays that fit snugly over your teeth. During your initial consultation at Dental Doctors of Somerset, your orthodontist will take an impression of your teeth and design a custom treatment plan. Once you receive your first set of aligners, you will wear them 20-22 hours per day, only removing them to eat, brush, floss, and clean your aligners. Each aligner moves your teeth gradually, using the right amount of force to rotate or shift teeth into the proper position. As your teeth adapt, you’ll receive a new set of aligners every two weeks or so.
Invisalign Care and Maintenance Tips
- Remove your clear aligners while eating, and rinse your mouth/brush your teeth before putting them back on.
- Remove your aligners when brushing or flossing.
- Clean your aligners with a soft-bristle toothbrush, toothpaste, and lukewarm water each time you brush your teeth.
- For deep cleaning, soak the aligners in Invisalign cleaning solution or denture cleaner.
- When you are ready to move on to the next set of aligners, thoroughly clean your previous set and store them in a clean, safe place. You may need to go back to previous aligners and wear them again for a short time, so do not discard them.
Achieve the beautiful, straight smile you have always wanted by visiting the expert orthodontic team at Dental Doctors of Somerset. We are committed to providing you with affordable, high-quality service and excellent customer care. For more information about Invisalign invisible braces, call our office at (860) 657-5522!
Committed to Excellence
- Focused On Educating Our Clients
- Open Early & Late For Your Convenience
- Providing You With Personalized, Gentle Care
- A Spa Like Experience That Will Make You Smile